Friday, September 21, 2007

9/19 Petaluma, CA

The nice thing about staying in a casino is the killer all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast. I ate like 20 biscuits and some pancakes and some hash browns, apple jacks with milk and a croissant. I drank orange juice, water, hot chocolate and a coffee. Basically, it was awesome. The soft serve machine didn't open until 11pm, and we had to leave Reno by 11pm, so that didn't really work out the way I had hoped. But all in all, a solid breakfast.

The drive to Petaluma was pretty uneventful and we made it almost on time. This venue was sweet. So fucking sweet. We walked inside and before I even noticed all of the awesome graffiti, Kim and I started running around like little kids on the skate ramps that were directly adjacent the stage. The place was basically a giant, presumably once beautiful, old theater. Although it still had it's charms, it now looked like a giant tagged teen center. I didn't even take any pictures of the show because I know how old that's getting. Instead, when the show was over I tried to take pictures of every inch of the place*.

*note, not every single inch actually pictured below.

Let's start in the bathroom. This was probably the grossest bathroom I've ever been in. Coincidentally, this is also my favorite bathroom I've ever been in.







Hallway outside the bathroom.









This bike rack was actually just in the main venue area.





Although the tour is with Against Me!, I have somehow not gotten a chance to mention that we are on tour with David Dondero as well. Sorry David. The dude in the below picture plays a lap steal in many of Davids songs. Also, these next few images are the "green room"...



I really liked this fetus for some reason.








If there was any confusion, all of the previous images were taken inside the building. We've finally made out way out the back door into the alley outside.





Packing it up.


I hope Warren doesn't get mad at me for putting this on the internet.


Drove all night again. Enough said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn! that place looks siiiiiiiiiiiick.