Our drive from San Diego was fine. We made it to Chicago on the 1st, went to a bar, then went to bed. We woke up late and got ready for the show at the Logan Square Auditorium. Although there was no Against Me!, there was Totally Michael and Dan Deacon.
Matt & Kim
Dan Deacon
Totally Michael.
That was the line up. A full show - 3 bands - four people. If you remove Dans last name and the totally from Totally Michael, you would have the Matt and Kim and Dan and Michael show. I know I'm dwelling on this point, but I just think it's funny. When I was in high school the bands all had four members, they played guitars and drums and the names usually involved anarchy signs and X's. I guess things have changed a bit since then.
Piiiiiiiiiiiiiictures. Most of them speak for themselves, so I'll just let them.
Matt and Kim's manager Kevin taking a picture with his Blackberry.
Hmm... Looking back at these next few pictures, I realized they are in the day light, meaning they might actually be from tomorrow (October 3rd). That's what you get when I post these babies a few days late. But, we were in Chicago for like four days and it's all just one big blur.
Matt and a kitten.
Kim and Julia.
Kim wanted me to make a big stink in the blog and brag about how Julia gave her that bra, and it was a "C" cup. But you know what? This is my blog. And I'm too tired to make boob jokes.
Before the show we met up with Matt and Kim's Manager, Kevin, and had some food. Kevin and I ended up having a nice chat, and he ended up buying me like twenty beers. Or well, two beers, but I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I was already pretty buzzed by the time I walked back up to the venue. As you can tell though, the show was awesome, the kids were going crazy, and everyone played great.
Chicago is fun. I like the kids there. They like to party 24 hours a day, and even though I like to sleep about 12 hours a day, I do like to party for at least 10-15 minutes every other day. And after the show we went to an after party across the street from Julia's where I proceeded to drink 1/2 a beer, wonder back across the street to Julia's alone and fall asleep on the couch while watching Everybody Loves Raymond. But in my defense, I hate that show and was merely too tired to bother trying to change the channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment